How to select multiple radio buttons?

I'm building a GUI and want to use the radio buttons found under the booleans section in LabVIEW.

The behavior I'm seeing at moments is that I will only be able to select one radio button at a time. I would like to have the ability to select multiple buttons if I need to.

LV gurus, any pointers as to how to accomplish that?

In advance, thank you.

Cheers,

edp

The behavior I'm seeing at moments is that I will only be able to select one radio button at a time. I would like to have the ability to select multiple buttons if I need to.

As far as I know, the behavior that you're seeing is what defines a radio button.

As far as I know, the behavior that you're seeing is what defines a radio button.

Hi.

In the GUI I'm building I'd like to present the user with options they can select.

Sounds like the radio button won't work.

May be going with a checkbox is another option. Any pointers as to how to create a check box? I would think they could be found under the boolean section, but don't see them.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Eddie

Hi.

In the GUI I'm building I'd like to present the user with options they can select.

Sounds like the radio button won't work.

May be going with a checkbox is another option. Any pointers as to how to create a check box? I would think they could be found under the boolean section, but don't see them.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Eddie

They are under "System"

post-10515-124811685798_thumb.png

• Like 1

Right - sounds like what you want is just a group of Booleans?

If you use the radio button from the system palette, you get just that. It is a simple Boolean that looks like a radio button. You can define the logic yourself and make them work however you want them to.

EDIT: I guess this is my first lesson in using the new Click to reply directly to this post feature of the RSS feeds. My feeds hadn't updated yet so I had not read all the replies before I posted. I'll have to watch for that :oops:

If you use the radio button from the system palette, you get just that. It is a simple Boolean that looks like a radio button. You can define the logic yourself and make them work however you want them to.

Yes, you can do that but it's not a good idea to break user expectations of what a radio button represents. Checkboxes would be better in this case.