Very Active

• NI
  • 97 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2013
  • Since:1997

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:17 AM

Posted Image

NIWeek 2010 was the best I’ve seen yet!

The keynote presentations are always among my favorite parts of NIWeek. I love learning about new products from NI and our customers, and seeing inspiring projects from academia. This year, you can watch the video of the day one, day two and day three keynotes (except, of course, for the part by our guest speaker, Dr. Michio Kaku, which NI can’t redistribute).

You can also learn more about the products and technologies seen in the keynotes at the day 1, day 2 and day 3 groups on ni.com/Community.

Some of my favorite highlights from the keynotes:

• Mark Riccobono, Executive Director of the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, speaking about the Blind Driver Challenge and how empowering blind drivers can improve society’s recognition of the potential contributions of blind people. His speech underscored for me how the work that customers and students do with National Instruments products can change people’s lives. (Day 3 video)
  • Zapping an optical temperature sensor (monitored by the new NI Optical SensorĀ Interrogator) with Tesla coils borrowed from ArcAttack. Wow! (Day 1 video)
  • Crowd applause for the new features in LabVIEW 2010. (Day 1 video)
  • Jeff Kodosky, the father of LabVIEW, talking about time and programming languages. (Day 2 video)
You can view slides and examples from many of the sessions by joining the ni.com/Community NIWeek 2010 group. I missed some of the sessions that I wanted to see because the rooms were filled to capacity, so I’m glad I can catch a little of what I missed. (NIWeek attendees should be getting e-mails with direct links to the materials for the sessions they attended).

You can also see some highlights from the Exhibition Hall at the Featured Floor Demos page.

In addition to all the keynotes and sessions, NIWeek is a great opportunity for the world-wide LabVIEW community to meet up for some fun times. The LAVA/OpenG BBQ was a smashing success! It was great to reconnect with old friends and meet new ones.

It was also amazingly gratifying to be able to talk to people who have benefited from my blog. Thank you to everyone who told me you read Eyes on VIs and encouraged me to post more! Posted Image

And thank you to everyone who uses LabVIEW and other NI products. During Dr. Michio Kaku’s speech, I looked forward to many of the things that he envisions for the future, and I know that it’s people like those I meet at NIWeek who will make that future happen.

View the full article