Do you wish "Create SubVI From Selection" worked better?

Thanks for the kudos, everyone. Darren and I will take it from here and see how far we get... keep an eye open for the beta program come spring to see if we made the case. :-)

You are welcome.

Are you able to post the before and after Kudos figures?

I am interested on how successful your web campaigning was.

Cheers

-JG

<edit>

From your post I see the main idea went from 79 to 182, which sits it under Top Ideas - thats impressive.

How did the others go?

</edit>

I don't mean this to be a rant against the IE.
Since the campaign seems to have worked, and this thread seems to have wandered off-topic anyway... every time I go to IE I wonder, "What's the difference between a 'Hot Idea' and a 'New Idea' "? Any guesses from anyone out there?

Edit: I get that "New Ideas" is actually a list of *all* ideas (all 69 pages of 'em). So the question is really about how "Hot Ideas" -- also a list of all ideas -- is sorted.

So the question is really about how "Hot Ideas" -- also a list of all ideas -- is sorted.

Is has to be a custom algorithm that uses Time and Kudos to create a weighting for each Idea.

Time must weigh quite high initially, because you can make the top of the list with just 1-2 votes if its a brand new Idea.

After that, if it lacks votes, it seems to drop off quick.