LabVIEW Consulant Role Minneapolis, MN 612.823.1867, Bill
No replies to this topic
Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:43 PM
Email : email@example.com
Job Title: Sr. Software Design Engineer – Labview Programmer
Reports To: Engineering Manager – Thermal Technology
Purpose: The Sr. Software Design Engineer – Labview Programmer designs software solutions along with other software engineering activities, including hardware requisitions, implementations, and troubleshooting. The Sr. Software Design Engineer – Labview Programmer ensures customer orders or projects are cost effective, completed on time, within budget, and follow acceptable design practices.
1) The Sr. Software Design Engineer – Labview Programmer works on new products, special projects, proposals, and customer orders. Sr. Software Design Engineer – Labview Programmer work may include integration of specialized automation equipment such as smart sensors, servo’s, robotics. Sr. Software Design Engineer – Labview Programmer manages the integration of remote / supervisory control systems utilizing industry standard interfaces.
2) The Sr. Software Design Engineer – Labview Programmer participates in coordination of activities between software engineering, electrical engineering, and project management personnel throughout all phases of the customer order or project to ensure quality designs are produced.
3) The Sr. Software Design Engineer – Labview Programmer troubleshoots various software applications for new product design projects or customer orders.
4) The Sr. Software Design Engineer – Labview Programmer provides ongoing technical guidance to customers and other departments. The Sr. Software Design Engineer – Labview Programmer also participates in field service work as required.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
2) 6-10 years of related software engineering experience, such as design calculations for process controls equipment, hardware and software selection, and specification.
3) Minimum of 1 year recent Labview programming.
4) Minimum of 1 year Visual Basic programming.
5) Graphical User Interface (GUI) development and a working knowledge of PID controlled processes.
6) Base knowledge of electrical theory and wiring trouble shooting.
7) Good organization, communication, analytical and project management skills.