Active

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2009
  • Since:2009

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:19 AM

Click here to watch the video

About 2 weeks ago, National Instruments released a cool new free LabVIEW Add-on. The LabVIEW Interface for Arduino.

I've started to play with it and created this new video which gives you an overview of what the Arduino is and how you can now interface with it through LabVIEW.

-

View the full article
Learn LabVIEW. With video tutorials, an audio podcast and content to help you take your LabVIEW skills to the next level
Visit VI Shots
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

#2 hooovahh

hooovahh

Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.

• Moderators
  • 1,150 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2012
  • Since:2004

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

Very cool stuff. When I saw that NI had released this interface I went to get it but a few weeks ago it wasn't listed in the VI Package Manager listing. Today I tried getting it and my first attempt was an error from VIPM saying that the file couldn't be downloaded from NI.com. I tried again and it took a long time but worked. So others should keep trying if it fails to download and install.

I love how the block diagram has some wiring examples for the Arduino for the example. Makes it easy for those of us that aren't as familiar with Arduino hardware.

"Maybe Hoovah is really Crelf's alter-ego, which he uses to irk people?" - Gary Rubin
"Seemingly minor changes....can mean the difference between a working app and a quivering heap of unresponsive code." - David Boyd
"Using unofficial features of LabVIEW is cat nip laced with poison."