#1 Jim Kring

Jim Kring

packages everywhere!

• JKI
  • 1,923 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2011
  • Since:1995

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

I want to give a huge kudos to Jon Green (jgcode) for spearheading the OpenG 4.0 Release. Jon did an incredible amount of work, while I mostly tried to keep out of his way.

This is an exciting release, since a majority of the work was spent trying to make it easier for OpenG Developers to make improvements to (and release new) packages, in the future.

Great work, Jon!

#2 GregSands

GregSands

Very Active

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2012
  • Since:1996

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:54 AM

This is an exciting release, since a majority of the work was spent trying to make it easier for OpenG Developers to make improvements to (and release new) packages, in the future.

Will be good to hear how this is improved.

By the way, I had to manually install the update for lvdata, and on 2 machines (out of 3) also had a failed install for the ZIP tools when installing the whole library, but no errors when doing it manually.

#3 jgcode

jgcode

LabVIEW Renegade

• OpenG
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2009
  • Since:2005

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:13 AM

POPULAR

I want to give a huge kudos to Jon Green (jgcode) for spearheading the OpenG 4.0 Release. Jon did an incredible amount of work, while I mostly tried to keep out of his way.

Great work, Jon!

Thanks for the kind words Jim, it was a pleasure :)

Will be good to hear how this is improved.

By the way, I had to manually install the update for lvdata, and on 2 machines (out of 3) also had a failed install for the ZIP tools when installing the whole library, but no errors when doing it manually.

Hi Greg, this (LabVIEW ZIP Library) is a known issue, but we have now documented it.
  • Michael Aivaliotis, Daklu and JackDunaway like this

#4 Omar Mussa

Omar Mussa

Very Active

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 8.6
  • Since:1998

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

Great job Jon! I think its really an awesome achievement and will help lower the barrier for other LV Community members contributing to OpenG! Thanks for all your hard work on this endeavor!

#5 crelf

crelf

I'm a LAVA, not a fighter.

• V I Engineering, Inc.
  • 5,772 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2013
  • Since:1993

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

Top job Jon - way to go!

crelf

Copyright 2004-2014 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved.  This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

#6 jgcode

jgcode

LabVIEW Renegade

• OpenG
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts
  • Since:2005

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

Thanks guys Posted Image

#7 Daklu

Daklu

Bringing the Fu to you

• Premium Member
  • 1,830 posts
  • Since:2006

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:06 AM

So *that's* why you've been MIA...

:star: for you!

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Dak's First Law of Problem Solving: If the solution looks simple, I don't know enough about the problem.

Yes, the QSM is flexible. So is Jello. That doesn't make it good construction material.

There are two secrets to success:
Secret #1 - Never tell everything you know.