Very Active

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2012
  • Since:2010

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:37 AM

We've got one of those - you wanna buy it? :D

Well I know you've got one, your HMIs and posts on the forum were really helpfull. (we can't buy it because: We don't want the TestStand execution view (so I created a custom one), and we want to reuse the code in every project involving TestStand so we don't want to pay for a licence...)

CLA

#22 jcarmody

jcarmody

The 500 club

• Premium Member
  • 864 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2013
  • Since:2007

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

I'm working on an ESS ATE that will address and monitor 30 CAN devices and control an environmental chamber. I'm beginning to implement LVOOP to abstract the CAN and oven communications.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice

#23 vugie

vugie

Extremely Active

• Premium Member
  • 381 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2009
  • Since:2006

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

• Control system and HMI for automated device for testing laser protective clothing
  • Drivers for our custom stepper motor controllers
  • Wrappers for FTDI chip library. Original wrappers for LV are... it's not worth saying.
  • Research on fitting measured data to theoretical models of reflectance and transmittance of light for textiles. Genetic algorithms involved.

#24 Daryl

Daryl

Very Active

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Since:1995

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

An automated test stand for vehicle charging system. Capable of playing back data files (of various data file types) captured from various data loggers used around our company in various locations around the world.

#25 C4rdin4lF4ng

C4rdin4lF4ng

One hit wonder!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2010
  • Since:2009

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

Current project is a repair oriented 3G/4G/WLAN/Bluetooth RF test for netbooks. The WAN protocols are CDMA, EVDO, and WiMAX, and WiMAX is MUCH more complicated than anything I've worked with before. The OFDMA/TDD took a little while to grasp but I have it now.

This is by far the biggest LabVIEW project I've tackled so far but it's going REALLY well, especially since this is the first time I've worked with the CMW500 and the Tesscom test chamber/antenna coupler.

#26 Mr Mike

Mr Mike

Very Active

• NI
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

I don't have any official G projects through NI, but I've been working on a dialog to help sort LabVIEW Class Properties (they're sortable in 2011 through VI Server!), and extending my barcode generator to include 2D barcodes (right now just PDF417, since that's the only one I could find a free spec for). As for non-G projects...well, I can't really talk about those ;)
-- Mike

#27 PaulL

PaulL

The 500 club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Since:1997

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

We just implemented (testing now) the top-level component of the active optics system of a research telescope. This component calculates, based on feedback from a wavefront sensor and other information (mount zenith angle, various temperatures, etc.), demand bending modes for the primary mirror and demand positions for the primary or secondary (depending on the optical configuration). Separate components (which we already completed and tested) actually control the mirrors.

#28 Ton Plomp

Ton Plomp

How many lines per hour? Zero!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Since:2000

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:04 AM

Currently I'm struggeling with an OpenSource implementation of AES (Rijndael), especially running the supplied test-vectors.

Ton

#29 Antoine Châlons

Antoine Châlons

The 500 club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Since:1999

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

• a driver for a stepper motor for a customer
  • a micro-torque measurement system for the watch-making industry
  • 4 LabVIEW hands-on I'll be giving at university
  • some scripting sandbox plugins for the fun

TiTou.png

#30 ShaunR

ShaunR

LabVIEW Archetype

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Since:1994

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

Making optical fibres listen.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright 1876-1944).

Founder and general mischief maker on www.lvs-tools.co.uk.
SQlite aficionado and websocket zealot.
If it 'aint in LabVIEW, then you 'aint got a clue!

#31 Mr Mike

Mr Mike

Very Active

• NI
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

Currently I'm struggeling with an OpenSource implementation of AES (Rijndael), especially running the supplied test-vectors.

Ton

Have you seen these: http://zone.ni.com/d...a/epd/p/id/6401, http://www.soslabvie...ibrary-labview?
-- Mike

#32 Daklu

Daklu

Bringing the Fu to you

• Premium Member
  • 1,830 posts
  • Since:2006

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:16 AM

A vision/motion system with real-time video overlay.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Dak's First Law of Problem Solving: If the solution looks simple, I don't know enough about the problem.

Yes, the QSM is flexible. So is Jello. That doesn't make it good construction material.

There are two secrets to success:
Secret #1 - Never tell everything you know.

#33 Ton Plomp

Ton Plomp

How many lines per hour? Zero!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Since:2000

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

Have you seen these: http://zone.ni.com/d...a/epd/p/id/6401, http://www.soslabvie...ibrary-labview?

Yes, I noticed the latter just yesterday. However it's not exactly compatible with my (more low-level) approach.

Ton

#34 viSci

viSci

Extremely Active

• Premium Member
  • 334 posts
  • Since:1998

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:56 PM

I am working on a emulation of the Distributed System Manager that will work with TDMS data. I am using subpanels on a tab control to support being able to dock HyperGraph (my version of) instances. I am stuck on how to be able to generate new tab pages on the fly. In the meantime I will just have some number of blank subpanels within parent tab pages.

#35 ShaunR

ShaunR

LabVIEW Archetype

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Since:1994

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

I am stuck on how to be able to generate new tab pages on the fly. In the meantime I will just have some number of blank subpanels within parent tab pages.

Use the system tab rather than the Labview one. It has the method to create them on-the-fly (if I remeber correctly).

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright 1876-1944).

Founder and general mischief maker on www.lvs-tools.co.uk.
SQlite aficionado and websocket zealot.
If it 'aint in LabVIEW, then you 'aint got a clue!

#36 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Extremely Active

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 7.1
  • Since:2002

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:05 AM

I'm developing a LED based light source (solar simulator) for the photovoltaics industry and research labs.
Public information is available in this scientific publication.

Felix

#37 Yair

Yair

Extwemely Active

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts
  • Since:2003

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

Use the system tab rather than the Labview one. It has the method to create them on-the-fly (if I remeber correctly).

You're probably thinking of a tab in an ActiveX or .NET container.

I am stuck on how to be able to generate new tab pages on the fly. In the meantime I will just have some number of blank subpanels within parent tab pages.

Why are you using a tab at all? Just use a single subpanel and use the "tabs" (a ring or a list box works well) to control which VI is currently displayed in the subpanel. Then you can add as many items as you want at run-time.
  • asbo likes this

#38 viSci

viSci

Extremely Active

• Premium Member
  • 334 posts
  • Since:1998

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

Hmmm, that's sounds like a good idea Yair! I think this might be a good candidate for some HyperGraph LVOOP.

#39 François Normandin

François Normandin

Son of Scotland

• JKI
  • 1,088 posts
  • Since:1999

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

I'm working on a system to implement biological detection protocols specifically for listeria separation, lysis, trapping, amplification and detection.

François [fr??swa], CLA

#40 resuS

resuS

4 more posts to go.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Version:LabVIEW 2010

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

I'm working on an in-situ laser reflectometry system for measure the rate and other parameters of III-Nitrides epitaxy growth process in Molecular Beam Epitaxy research system produced by Riber, France.
Hardware is done, laser and lenses are installed under an optical window. Now I'm developing monitoring system and have a lot of problems with communication between LabVIEW and camera(and asking a lot of questions here and there) :) However I reached a success and construct a device which can compete with LayTec in-situ sensors devices in price and quality. :shifty:
Thanks NI :)
Best regards, resuS