- Company: V I Engineering, Inc.
- Locations: Various - USA
- Salary/Wage: $negotiable
- Status: Hourly Contractor
- Relevant Work Experience: 5+ years system integration (LabVIEW/TestStand experience required)
- Career Level: Intermediate/Experienced
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Residency/Citizenship: USA Citizenship or Greencard required
V I Engineering, Inc. has a vision for every client we engage. That vision is to achieve on-time and on-budget program launch more efficiently that the competition. To realize this vision, customers need to achieve predictable test systems development, eliminate waste in test information management, and drive increased leverage of test assets. An underlying requirement for all of these areas is metrics tracking and measurement based decision making.
Ready to make a difference? Bring your experiences and skills to the industry leading test organization. Help us to continue to shape the way the world views test. We are seeking a talented Systems Engineer Contractor to be responsible for technical execution of successful projects in the Medical, Military, Transportation, Consumer Electronics and Aerospace Industries. The position will have very high visibility to customers and vendors. This is a very fast paced team with close customer contact and strong career development opportunities. A large part of the position is to identify, own and drive technical design, development and installation of test systems. You will work alongside other like-minded and equally talented engineers, and be creative in a fast-paced and flexible environment that encourages you to think outside the box. You will be available to spend extended periods at our customer sites to complete system installations.
- 5+ years of Systems Integration experience
- 3+ years LabVIEW experience
- 1+ years TestStand experience
- Experience in Implementation and Delivery of Test Systems, including integration
- Experience in ATE usage and development
- Experience in building and Integrating Mechanical Fixtures
- Experience in Understanding the design of Circuit Boards as they relate to a total system, and their fault-finding
- Experience in Taking Part in Technical Teams throughout All Phases of Project Lifecycle
- Experience in Interfacing with Sub-vendors and Customers
- Ability to Multitask
- Comfortable Working on Various Team Sizes
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Requirements generation and review experience
- National Instruments Hardware knowledge
- Experience with Source Code Control (SCC)
- Experience executing verification and validation for projects
- Experience generating and/or reviewing cost proposals
- RF Technology (DAQ, General RF Theory)
- FPGA (with LabVIEW)
- Professional software engineering processes and metrics experience
- V I Package Manager (VIPM)
- Experience with Projects for Regulated Industries
- MS Project
- Technical degree (BS Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math)
- National Instruments Courses a plus
- National Instruments certification a plus
Expected Travel Time is up to 50%.
V I Engineering, Inc. offers a dynamic work environment and the flexibility of a small company.
The Test Software and Integration Group values innovation, out-of-the-box thinking, high-tech toys and a fun / amazingly collaborative working environment. We're a National Instruments Select Integrator, and we're the closest you can get to playing with all the pre-released and new NI toys without joining the NI R&D team - and we get to play with them in the real world.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject "TSIG Systems Engineer (Contract) employment application"