A/D for 48 simultaneous channels

JDave

I am looking at acquiring 48 channels, simultaneous, at roughly 3kHz. This would require six S-Series NI cards, which is doable, but...

I found a card from General Standards Corporation that will do the job (64 ch @ 200kHz), and I was hoping to get feedback from people here. Specifically

1. Has anyone had any problems/success with this or other General Standards cards?
  2. How have you liked the LabVIEW support/drivers from General Standards?
  3. Does anyone know of other options that have worked well?

Thanks,

David

• 7 years later...

Talk about resurrecting and old post! :)

I'm also wondering about anyone's experience with General Standards boards.

Since they're still around 8 years after JDave's original post, they must be doing something right, but I'd appreciate some first-hand feedback.

JDave, did you end up buying that card?

Thanks,

Gary

Except that when you follow the link from Dave's post you get to a page which looks like the card he is talking about and in red letter New Product! afterwards. After about 8 years it would seem a little strange to still claim it's a new product. CPCI isn't as quick paced as general computer technology but that slow!!!!???

Except that when you follow the link from Dave's post you get to a page which looks like the card he is talking about and in red letter New Product! afterwards. After about 8 years it would seem a little strange to still claim it's a new product. CPCI isn't as quick paced as general computer technology but that slow!!!!???

Yes, I know.  One board that I was looking at says "Coming Soon", although it's been discontinued and replaced by a next generation.

That's why I was hoping for some first-hand experience that might indicate whether their hardware/software is better than their web presence.

I did think it was odd that I couldn't find any USB AIO hardware.  In either case I've never used them but am curious too.  LabJack was another one I've heard of but never used.

From what I could see on the website they are mostly into high end hardware for space/defense/airplane industries and there USB doesn't really fit into very well in terms of reliability and harsh environment resistance. Haven't seen any prices but it would not surprise me if their price is in the same range or higher than NI.