labview write to serial port

Hi guys i have a VI that is meant to write a single character to the serial port when the VI is run , but i seem to be having problems matching this string on the microcontroller side is there anyway special format for writing this character to the serial port . if dere is pls help me modify the code to the write way of sending the characters to the serrial port.

Hmmmm....this VI looks very familiar. Is your boolean "Send Parameters" is set to TRUE? Are you referencing the right COM port VISA session? Is there some weird error coming out of the Serial Port Setup VI? These would be the software problems possible. I am assuming that you are sending out the right data byte since I previously helped somebody else with this exact VI (must have gotten it from a teacher). After the software checks, I would check your wiring (TX to TX will not work well) and then your microcontroller code. My gut feel is your boolean is set to false and therefore you will not send out the byte.

QUOTE (crossrulz @ Apr 30 2009, 06:57 PM)

Hmmmm....this VI looks very familiar. Is your boolean "Send Parameters" is set to TRUE? Are you referencing the right COM port VISA session? Is there some weird error coming out of the Serial Port Setup VI? These would be the software problems possible. I am assuming that you are sending out the right data byte since I previously helped somebody else with this exact VI (must have gotten it from a teacher). After the software checks, I would check your wiring (TX to TX will not work well) and then your microcontroller code. My gut feel is your boolean is set to false and therefore you will not send out the byte.

My boolean is set to true and evry other thing seems fine.

for example if i send an F via the serial port the microcontroller shud match this ascii string and send a one out a microcontroller pin.

ive been on this 4 days an it is really freaking me out.

pls help

QUOTE (ccie @ Apr 30 2009, 10:42 PM)

My boolean is set to true and evry other thing seems fine.

for example if i send an F via the serial port the microcontroller shud match this ascii string and send a one out a microcontroller pin.

ive been on this 4 days an it is really freaking me out.

pls help

by the way i am petersrule2003