Increasing menu font size for touch screens

I am looking to increase the menu font so that it is easier for you to click on the menu easier.

I know that it would probably be easier to put an Exit button on the front panel, but the program should rarely be shut down, and that should be done by the supervisor, not the operator.

The current font is very tough to click on with your finger.

I cant seem to find a spot to edit the font size.....

QUOTE (dblk22vball @ May 1 2009, 12:01 PM)

I am looking to increase the menu font so that it is easier for you to click on the menu easier.

I don't know that there's any functionality for this in LabVIEW, but you can do it from the Windows (XP and below) side of things by going through Control Panel -> Display -> Settings tab -> Advanced button -> DPI field. About 200% or so look pretty touchscreen-able.

QUOTE (asbo @ May 1 2009, 08:02 PM)

Control Panel -> Display -> Settings tab -> Advanced button -> DPI field. .

Alternatively, you can go to Control Panel -> Display -> Appearance (tab) -> Advanced (button), select the Menu item and change its font size.

Step 1. Use Edit >> Select All on the front panel to select all the controls/indicators/free labels/etc.

Step 2. There's a ring on the front panel just to the right of the Run Arrow that is the font ring. Click it and select a larger font size. All the selected objects will get larger.

ALTERNATIVE:

Drop all your controls/indicators from the System palette. The controls in that palette are tied to the operating system settings. I assume that the default font on a touch screen is fairly large, so when you load those VIs on a touch screen, the text will be larger. Note that system controls also change color based on your OS settings.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ May 2 2009, 08:02 PM)

Step 1. Use Edit >> Select All on the front panel to select all the controls/indicators/free labels/etc.

Step 2. There's a ring on the front panel just to the right of the Run Arrow that is the font ring. Click it and select a larger font size. All the selected objects will get larger.

ALTERNATIVE:

Drop all your controls/indicators from the System palette. The controls in that palette are tied to the operating system settings. I assume that the default font on a touch screen is fairly large, so when you load those VIs on a touch screen, the text will be larger. Note that system controls also change color based on your OS settings.

it wont work for menu items. the Windows control solution is your only way out.