Better way to Global share RT Variables?

You can also bind one library (say RT target) to a 'mirror' library on another RT or Windows target. LV 8.6 has some nice tools to

help you bind entire libraries. You can also programmatically transfer Network Shared Variable data using Datasocket.

Yes, all the methods mentioned do indeed work with cRIO targets. In my system I have 2 9074 targets each with 9144 extension chassis. I am using the scan engine IO Variables which I can read programatically

using Data Socket (DS) and then filter and scale then transfer to my version of the Current Value Table (Fancy shift register based storage) and from there the data is written to a proper NSV library which has a binding to a 'mirror' library on the windows side. From there I cannot via the DSC toolkit to my citadel database.

QUOTE (sachsm @ May 4 2009, 09:53 AM)

Yes, all the methods mentioned do indeed work with cRIO targets. In my system I have 2 9074 targets each with 9144 extension chassis. I am using the scan engine IO Variables which I can read programatically

using Data Socket (DS) and then filter and scale then transfer to my version of the Current Value Table (Fancy shift register based storage) and from there the data is written to a proper NSV library which has a binding to a 'mirror' library on the windows side. From there I cannot via the DSC toolkit to my citadel database.

Thanks sachsm!

I think that app would qualify under the "oil and water" catagory fore getting RT (has to be done now!) and DSC (yes, yes I'll get around to it sooner or later) into the same app.

Ben

QUOTE (sachsm @ May 4 2009, 02:53 PM)

Is there a write up somewhere on the "mirror" library approach?