comman scrollbar for tables

Hi,

I have a table to display some numerical data I want to give user a column in same table to enter notes(i.e. alias column here) based on data retrieved.But the problem is as table is indicator user cannot edit it I mean he cannot enter any notes as needed.So now I am using two tables side by side one is indicator other is control but it looks odd with scroll bar in between and data cannot be matched as there are two scroll bars so is there a way to have common scroll bar for both tables plz reply soon thanks in advance...

I would use a single control which will allow the user to enter data and give you a single scroll bar. If you want to protect the data in the other columns and make then read only you can place a custom string control (which you color as transparent) over the columns you do not want to be modified. You then disable this control and the user cannot edit the cells below it. However the exposed cells are still able to be modified.

QUOTE (Karissap @ May 6 2009, 09:54 AM)

Thanks Karissap this is what i was looking for ...But the problem is i cannot adopt this technique in my application because i already have a event structure i tried all possible ways of putting this technique into my code but its not working...I have a picture what my application looks like though this is not my real application but it is similar to this i.e. i have a event structure in one event i open tcp connection in second event i read and write and in third event i close tcp connection.In second event i display data in table were i need to do this.

QUOTE (manojba @ May 6 2009, 04:59 AM)

Thanks Karissap this is what i was looking for ...But the problem is i cannot adopt this technique in my application because i already have a event structure i tried all possible ways of putting this technique into my code but its not working...I have a picture what my application looks like though this is not my real application but it is similar to this i.e. i have a event structure in one event i open tcp connection in second event i read and write and in third event i close tcp connection.In second event i display data in table were i need to do this.

I would like to make the table as a control, why not ? it can be written data also.