LabVIEW table latest value always visible

Hello,

I'm using the LabVIEW table express VI to show differents values (signal) as column.

First values are placed on top of the table. Latest values (at t) are stored on the line after

t-delta_t values.

The problem with this is that the vertical scrolling bar should be always at bottom to

show the latest values.

Is there a way to do this (probably using property node ?)

An other idea could be to show latest values on top of the table.

Kind regards

CITATION(Mark Yedinak @ May 5 2009, 08:25 PM)

Here is the block diagram from the VI I use to set the scroll bar position for a table. The only missing piece that you don't get to see is the subVI to count the number of lines in a string. However this is pretty easy to do.

Thanks but could you send me the .vi file because I need to know what property node you use

(because I use french version of LV not english version... so it's quite difficult without the .vi file)

QUOTE (scls19fr @ May 5 2009, 02:13 PM)

Thanks but could you send me the .vi file because I need to know what property node you use

(because I use french version of LV not english version... so it's quite difficult without the .vi file)

Here is the corresponding vi.

CITATION(Mark Yedinak @ May 5 2009, 09:25 PM)

Here is the corresponding vi.

Thanks I will have a look at this today afternoon

I see you are using reference.. not property node...

I must admit that I don't understand very well the differences between these 2 concepts

QUOTE (scls19fr @ May 5 2009, 10:00 PM)

I see you are using reference.. not property node...

I must admit that I don't understand very well the differences between these 2 concepts

Functionally there isn't a difference between those two.

A reference gives the property node the power to operate on different controls, with this method you can place the code inside a sub-vi and call it several times for different controls.

Ton

QUOTE (Ton @ May 5 2009, 03:32 PM)

Functionally there isn't a difference between those two.

A reference gives the property node the power to operate on different controls, with this method you can place the code inside a sub-vi and call it several times for different controls.

Ton

Exactly. We use table quite a bit in our applications and over time we have built up a library of reusable VIs for manipulating the tables. This is one of those VIs. Others we have are for updating the contents of single cells, coloring cells based on their content, resizing the table as well as several others. In order to reuse these VIs we need to use a reference to the specific table we are manipulating.