Client Server application

Hi all

I am trying to set up a client server application by using a Server VI, IO Server library, shared variable library and Client Vi and i am running into problem. I set everything up, deployed all variables and when i go to run my client vi green arrows appear which tells me everything seems to be working ok but it is not actually communicating with my server vi. When i open the distibuted tools manager and switch an output on my client vi you can see the changes in this application but when i switch an output in my server vi it is not even changing in the distributed system manager.

I was wondering has anyone any idea. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Barry

Hi BBloger,

could you upload your Project, or show some Screenshots ?

Is your Project running on a RT-System and a PC or on 2 PC´s ? To get Variables from one system to another system via TCPIP you should use Network shared Varaibles...

ZITAT(BBOLGER @ May 6 2009, 10:23 AM)

... on the same pc so there is no tcpip required.

Even on a local PC shared variables are transmitted via tcpip. The shared variables engine should be running and should not be disturbed by your firewall.