Textbox question

is there anyway to prevent my message to be clear in the string indicator?

for example, when i type some words in the textbox, the words will appear in the string indicator. however, when i type in another message, the previous message that was displayed will disappear. is there anyway to input the new message without removing the previous message?

QUOTE (labviewnoob @ May 11 2009, 03:25 AM)

Hi

Method one is using a reference to your string control see http://wiki.lavag.org/Control_References' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">Control References for more info plus read the manual section on Control References they are a very useful technique to understand.

The second method use is using the Control Property Node again have a look in the LabVIEW manual at the Property Node info.

You can get access to both the control references and Property nodes for your string control by right clicking on your control and going to the create sub-menu

hope that helps

Dannyt

QUOTE (dannyt @ May 11 2009, 05:09 PM)

Hi

Method one is using a reference to your string control see http://wiki.lavag.org/Control_References' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">Control References for more info plus read the manual section on Control References they are a very useful technique to understand.

The second method use is using the Control Property Node again have a look in the LabVIEW manual at the Property Node info.

You can get access to both the control references and Property nodes for your string control by right clicking on your control and going to the create sub-menu

hope that helps

Dannyt

hi. thanks for the info. it helps alot & i learn alot.