Array of WaveGraphs (Newbie Question)

QUOTE (Michael Malak @ May 11 2009, 01:10 PM)

I am new to LabVIEW.

On a VI front panel, it seems that I can create an array of toggles or a cluster of WaveGraphs, but that I cannot create an array of WaveGraphs. Is this a known limitation, and if so, is it documented somewhere and is there a rationale for it?

Waveform graphs are polymorphic indicators. You can bundle signals or make arrays of them and wire it to a single wavegraph indicator.

Use the plot legend to see all traces on the same graph.

QUOTE (normandinf @ May 11 2009, 11:15 AM)

Waveform graphs are polymorphic indicators. You can bundle signals or make arrays of them and wire it to a single wavegraph indicator.

Use the plot legend to see all traces on the same graph.

My users demand separate waveforms on separate plots (e.g. eight channels in a 2x4 arrangement of plots), even when this makes each plot tiny.

QUOTE (Michael Malak @ May 11 2009, 01:28 PM)

My users demand separate waveforms on separate plots (e.g. eight channels in a 2x4 arrangement of plots), even when this makes each plot tiny.

If the number of plots doesn't need to be configurable, you don't need an array for the indicators. I would just build the FP as you describe with 8 individual graphs. You can use an array of waveforms or a cluster of waveforms to hold the data. If you go with an array, you'll have to index out each of the sets of waveform data to its own graph, or it will put them all on the same graph. For a cluster, you'll just unbundle the data to individual graphs.

The number of graphs does need to be determined at run-time, depending upon how many channels are in the file being read in (will be in the range 1 to 64). Now my question is how to dynamically instantiate WaveGraphs using "Open VI Reference". I've just now asked this separately in a new thread in the Application Design & Architecture subtopic.