MAX Export (*.nce) not working after 8.6.1 upgrade

After upgrading to 8.6.1, I can no longer export my channels and scales to a *.nce file with MAX. It just does not give me the option.

On the dark side, I found a thread about DAQmx 8.8 possibly having problems, but after upgrading to 8.9, the problem still persists.

I was wondering if someone with 8.6.1 can try to export scales - to see if you have the problem.

thanks. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, for those that are interested, this is a known issue at NI. If you have a computer with a lot of, um, "history", such as having lots of LV installs (7.1>8.2 >8.5>8.6.1) and perhaps one occaision of a corrupt MAX database that you've fixed (or it fixed itself), MAX may forget how to export channels and scales. It may or may not happen.

I personally don't like to use custom scales (do it programmatically) nor do i setup channels in MAX (do it programmatically), so it's not a huge deal to me, but due to maintaining three legacy machines running dozens of custom scales that have to be synchronized when someone adds or modifies a scale, this has been epic. :headbang:

'sall i got

You are in the denial phase. The sooner you accept you need to wipe that machine and fresh install the sooner your head bashing will end.

Multiple installs/uninstalls of NI-DAQ and now MAX has always been very bad.

I did get a custom exe that attempted to wipeout traces. Even with that I had to fully uninstall everything NI before running it and reinstalling.

QUOTE (James Beleau @ Jun 4 2009, 11:36 AM)

...you need to wipe that machine...

Yep, after two weeks of support calls and a VI method of exporting as a work-around, that's NI's take on it too. I was told to uninstall MAX, but that can only be done by uninstalling everything that touches MAX, which is everything.

MAX is a horrendously complex and ever-morphing, capable of changing its own code and causing ripples in the space time thingy.

QUOTE (BrokenArrow @ Jun 4 2009, 03:59 PM)

Yep, after two weeks of support calls and a VI method of exporting as a work-around, that's NI's take on it too. I was told to uninstall MAX, but that can only be done by uninstalling everything that touches MAX, which is everything.

MAX is a horrendously complex and ever-morphing, capable of changing its own code and causing ripples in the space time thingy.

I think the release of the software included with LabVIEW 8.6.1 NI Developer Suite was the straw that broke the camel's back. For some reason I've had utmost problems having this version of the developer suite along side of other versions of LabVIEW. Previously I had LV6.1, 7.11, 8.0, 8.5.1, all installed concurrently with little difficulty, but 8.6.1 doesn't seem to want to play nicely with these other versions! It's the bad brother of LabVIEW versions. I hope that the next release plays a little bit more fairly.

Bruce

QUOTE (bmoyer @ Jun 5 2009, 07:52 AM)

I think the release of the software included with LabVIEW 8.6.1 NI Developer Suite was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Agreed. I've never regretted upgrading until I went to 861. I can't beleive all the software it loaded that we don't own, for trial periods, that I could have sworn I said not to load. I think uninstalling some of those trial softwares causes issues. I also have a system that can't make sense of a Filedpoint card, lost the installed com port card, and wants me to install some generic driver for PCI. Nothing was wrong before upgrading, so....

As much as I like Linked Tunnels and smaller file sizes, it wasn't worth it. 851 was fine.