I am in the process of upgrading a program from LabVIEW 7.1.1 to LabVIEW 8.5.1 (I've also tried LV8.6.1f1) and am having difficulties getting the built exe to function. When running the exe, Windows gives a crash error dialog "Blah Blah Blah.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". When I click the click here link it refers to the "nivision.dll".

AppName: Blah Blah Blah.exe AppVer: 5.0.0.0 ModName: nivision.dll

ModVer: 8.6.0.49152 Offset: 00014715

I'm not sure why this error is occurring since I was able to build (and run) the exe in LV7.1.1.

I also noticed that when building the exe it gets to the end and then takes a long time to complete (almost like a timeout is occurring).

Is there a way to search for this dll to temporarily remove it to see if this fixes the problem? (I know that it is from the VISION toolkit).

Thanks,

Bruce

QUOTE (bmoyer @ May 13 2009, 10:18 AM)

I am in the process of upgrading a program from LabVIEW 7.1.1 to LabVIEW 8.5.1 (I've also tried LV8.6.1f1) and am having difficulties getting the built exe to function. When running the exe, Windows gives a crash error dialog "Blah Blah Blah.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". When I click the click here link it refers to the "nivision.dll".

AppName: Blah Blah Blah.exe AppVer: 5.0.0.0 ModName: nivision.dll

ModVer: 8.6.0.49152 Offset: 00014715

I'm not sure why this error is occurring since I was able to build (and run) the exe in LV7.1.1.

I also noticed that when building the exe it gets to the end and then takes a long time to complete (almost like a timeout is occurring).

Is there a way to search for this dll to temporarily remove it to see if this fixes the problem? (I know that it is from the VISION toolkit).

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Funny, because we are looking to the the same move (LV 7.1.1 to LV 8.5.1). Do you have the Vision toolkit install after LV 8? Do you have LV 7 and LV 8 into the same PC? Do you need vision into you app? If so, with version?

We got some issues using LV 7 and LV 8 on the same PC, we install a virtual machine (VMWare ($$) or VirtualBox (Freeware)) to get a fresh Windows with LV 8 only. Be sure you install LV BEFORE any NI Drivers (like Vision, DAQ...)

Hop this will help you

Zythum

I was able to get my code to compile to an exe that is executable by uninstalling IMAQ 4.1 (Vision Acquisition Software 8.6) and installing IMAQ 3.8 (VAS 8.5). I avoid IMAQ 4.0 because the structure of the .iid (for instance img0.iid) files is messed up (see NI forum iid file structure in IMAQ 4.0 changed). This bug is fixed in IMAQ 4.1 but apparently there are other new bugs that were introduced.

Days lost, totally frustrating. Not a good LabVIEW/NI experience. And I'm stuck using old software versions to get things to work.

Bruce

P.S. I've been cross posting to NI as well (Why is Building an exe in LabVIEW 8.6.1 so slow?) about similar issues regarding my upgrading experience.

Bruce