How to drag & drop between VIs

Hello everybody.

My problem is this:

I need to drag & drop a cluster (which is composed of a boolean indicator and a numeric indicator) from one VI to

a chart that is placed in another VI (of course the two VIs are running at the same time).

The behaviour that I want when I drag the cluster from the first VI and leave the "mouse up" in the chart placed in

the second VI is that this one "realizes" of this event and immediately it displays the data stored in a global variable.

I was searching in the User interface topic and I found this post http://forums.lavag.org/Drag-n-Drop-t1733.html

that almost fulfills my expectations.

Thank you.

Here's an example of something like what you might be after. It's a pretty simplified version of things. You might need extra data checking and handling etc when you actually implement it.

The basic principle is to use a control method node to register the drop data when the mouse down event and the mouse leave event happens:

post-8228-1242273189.png?width=400

Then on the source control/indicator use the drag enter event to decide whether the data is valid and use drop event with the get drag/drop data to get the data and update the control/indicator:

post-8228-1242273195.png?width=400

CITA(Karissap @ May 14 2009, 04:57 AM)

It's OK.

Thank you very much Karissap.