Open Source Modulation (QAM)

Hi All,

If I had the money and justification i would buy NI's Modulation toolkit as it looks very impressive. However, my company already does most of its analysis in MatLab so there is sadly no justification.

However i would still like to do a couple of verification tests of some CDMA / QAM type signals. Does anyone know if there are any 3rd Party / Open source modulation toolkits available? or maybey know of a dll that can be used within LV?

If not then i suppose MatLAB Script nodes would probably do, however this code is deployed to several target machines and the production lines will all have to be updated etc so I am kind of trying to avoid this route.

Thanks

Craig

A quick and dirty way would be to copy the matlab code into a mathscript node and run that (assuming you don't have any esoteric matlab function calls that are not supported by the mathscript node).

It might not be too fast, but should get you started quickly enough.

Neville.

QUOTE (Neville D @ May 14 2009, 09:26 PM)

A quick and dirty way would be to copy the matlab code into a mathscript node and run that (assuming you don't have any esoteric matlab function calls that are not supported by the mathscript node).

It might not be too fast, but should get you started quickly enough.

Neville.

Hi Neville,

I have thought about this route and I have used mathscript before, however i think that the MatLab code will probably have the bits from the signal processing toolkit from MatLab in it. I do not know if these functions are supported under mathscript. I had a quick look but dont think they are.

It seems like this is one of those things that no-one is giving away at the moment. Perhaps i will have to write my own QAM.llb (I wish!)

Thanks again

craigc

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (jasonh_ @ May 19 2009, 11:41 PM)

Ahh Thanks jasonh,

I will look into this. It seems like the modules are written in c so may be easy to wrap into dll or call directly from LabVIEW.

As it stands i am getting fairly close to decoding the IQ data as it stands but its a bit of a steep learning curve!! (Got down to symbol level at the moment. Just need to FFT into subcarriers etc etc!

Thanks again

Craig