New LabVIEW APIs Group

QUOTE (Antoine Châlons @ May 15 2009, 04:30 AM)

Great news!!

Looks like the effort of the community to get scripting out of the shadows is on the roll!

Indeed those are great news. It's gonna be a big help in coding speed and framework development.

Next step is to have scripting abilities at runtime... :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

you are pushing it :yes:

I know I am. There's not much chance to see that happening since it might make it possible to program in LabVIEW from an executable.

But you can't keep someone from thinking about it. :rolleyes:

Not available for LV 8.5? :(

If you haven't seen the Scripting Tools by Gavin Burnell, take a look at it. The latest version is for 8.6, but some older ones will work on 8.5.

I know I am. There's not much chance to see that happening since it might make it possible to program in LabVIEW from an executable.

But you can't keep someone from thinking about it. :rolleyes:

Its possible, GOOP Developer is a LV7.1 executable that communicates to any version of LabVIEW development environment from LV6.1 up and gets it to perform scripting operations. It does this by using agent vi's which are called into the development environment by the executable to do the scripting.

• Like 1

Are they supersecretprivate agent VIs? :ph34r:

Ha, no, more like a secret squirrel that I send in.

I'll be releasing GD source code soon under BSD, but if you want to look at the Agents take a look in the Agents folder. You will see for each version of LV a folder, in each folder is a set of vi's that perform the scripting and other operations not available from runtime, to unlock them the password is scigoop