Failure in detection of cameras after reboot

I am working on a multiple camera project.

The cameras are connected to the IEEE 1394 (firewire) interface.

Driver---NI IMAQdx IIDC

I am facing a problem with the detection of cameras after an improper shutdown (like restarting ,hard booting etc..)

Then i have to replug the cameras to get it detected..

They are not even detected in the Device Manager.

Why is it so and how to solve it?

Is it a problem withg the WINDOWS boot procdure && if it is .. how to detect the cameras without replugging it?

PLS reply (URGENT)

After a reboot, can you see the cameras in NI-MAX? If you can, then your code should be able to see them too.

Display a code snippet showing what you are doing at camera initialisation. Maybe during reboot the camera looses power and firewire doesn't provide power until after windows starts up? Dunno. Try swapping the firewire card to another slot? Or try another card? They are cheap enough.

The fact that windows can't find them either is a bit suspicious.

Neville.

QUOTE (rahul @ May 21 2009, 05:56 AM)

I am working on a multiple camera project.

The cameras are connected to the IEEE 1394 (firewire) interface.

Driver---NI IMAQdx IIDC

I am facing a problem with the detection of cameras after an improper shutdown (like restarting ,hard booting etc..)

Then i have to replug the cameras to get it detected..

They are not even detected in the Device Manager.

Why is it so and how to solve it?

Is it a problem withg the WINDOWS boot procdure && if it is .. how to detect the cameras without replugging it?

PLS reply (URGENT)

We had a lot of problems with firewire (including what you are seeing as well as cards not allowing windows to boot and having to use a hack to get more than 100Mb/s which only worked sometimes between boots). So much so that we now use GigE (much better) It's only some windows installations that are problematic and (I'm afraid) we did not find any solutions.