SCRIPTING IS AVAILABLE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ShaunR @ May 31 2009, 05:57 AM)

Scripting only has value within the tool chain. You can't use it for in your distributions so there is no commercial value added other than tools for programmers (and I've been using Labview so long now, I don't really need anything that Labview doesn't provide).

Not true - I've used scripting in several distributions that I've provided to customers. Not built executables, but distributions all the same.

QUOTE (crelf @ Jun 5 2009, 06:07 PM)

Not true - I've used scripting in several distributions that I've provided to customers. Not built executables, but distributions all the same.

Semantics.

If we want to be technically correct, I think I could have said "Binary Distributions". But the sense was correct.

I would (tentatively) suggest that your "distributions" come under the heading "Tools for programmers" anyway. That is a small market in comparison to "compiled and configured" executable/binary distributions, especially in an environment which has historically been very open with source contributions.

QUOTE (ShaunR @ Jun 5 2009, 02:33 PM)

I would (tentatively) suggest that your "distributions" come under the heading "Tools for programmers" anyway.

Sure, we create tools for programmers, but the case I was thinking of above was for end-users of a data logging application where they could easily drop down new things that they could then bind to other things. I'd show you a screenshot, but it's not a product that's for public consumption... yet :)

QUOTE (lavezza @ Jun 5 2009, 03:56 PM)

Is the Property App.MenuLaunchVI available in the new scripting toolkit? I didn't see it. Is the functionality available with another call?

The MenuLaunch.App and MenuLaunch.VI properties are private, which means they are not exposed in scripting. It would not be unreasonable, however, to expect a VI that wraps these properties in a future LabVIEW version.

-D

QUOTE (lavezza @ Jun 5 2009, 10:56 PM)

Is the Property App.MenuLaunchVI available in the new scripting toolkit? I didn't see it. Is the functionality available with another call?

Thanks,

Pat

no, but the ini-key that relveals the private property and invoke nodes is still working ...

• 1 month later...