How to restore my USB device to "USB Mass Storage Device"

Cool-LV

I followed below two links to try...

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...=365864#M340676

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4478

I use my USB Storage Device which is Maxtor OneTouch III (80G) movable disk for this experience, and It works, MAX can detect the device as I plug in, but the bad thing is coming out, I can't use this device as a storage device anymore, how to restore it ? can it be deleted from MAX(I don't want it to be recognized by MAX after experience), someone to tell me to reinstall the driver, maybe this product is so old, so I can't find this kind of driver everywhere, except this, should it have second handle?

Problem solved, below thread for the solution:

Typing "Regedt32" at <Run>

Go to :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\USB, find out the key whose name is corresponding of the VID/PID, firstly. change its right, and delete whole register key, lastly. plug in the USB device......

QUOTE (Cool-LV @ Jun 4 2009, 05:43 AM)

Problem solved, below thread for the solution:

Typing "Regedt32" at <Run>

Go to :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\USB, find out the key whose name is corresponding of the VID/PID, firstly. change its right, and delete whole register key, lastly. plug in the USB device......

Hi,

you referred to my USB nugget on the NI site....

There's an easier way to restore the "normal" functionality of your device without going into Regedit.

Go to the hardware manager and find your device. Right click on it and choose "uninstall".

That should do it. Remove and re-attach the device and it should work as "normal" again.

Shane.

QUOTE (shoneill @ Jun 4 2009, 10:43 AM)

Hi,

you referred to my USB nugget on the NI site....

There's an easier way to restore the "normal" functionality of your device without going into Regedit.

Go to the hardware manager and find your device. Right click on it and choose "uninstall".

That should do it. Remove and re-attach the device and it should work as "normal" again.

Shane.

HI,shoneill,

Thanks, but, assuredly I tried, like what you said, it is fail, then I would come to here to search the help. that kind of handle is very natural for every computer user I think. but it is still not help, the USB port becomes "USB composite Device" after I intall USB VISA RAW, uninstall it, and computer re-search the hardware, and restore what it was again and again.....

QUOTE (Cool-LV @ Jun 5 2009, 07:00 AM)

HI,shoneill,

Thanks, but, assuredly I tried, like what you said, it is fail, then I would come to here to search the help. that kind of handle is very natural for every computer user I think. but it is still not help, the USB port becomes "USB composite Device" after I intall USB VISA RAW, uninstall it, and computer re-search the hardware, and restore what it was again and again.....

Funny, works for me each time.

Did you actually remove and re-attach the device after uninstalling?

What OS are you using?

Shane.