Sub Arrays Taking a 1D out of 2D

Hello all,

I've been fiddling with some of the array controls and I can't seem to get this working properly. I think I'm doing it right, but I seem to be having issues with type mismatch. I've attached a simple example VI that illustrates basically what I want to do - I want to take a section of a 2D array and output it as a 1D array.

[ A B C D ] _____________________[ B ] (I want the entire B column in case theres any confusion)

[ A B C D ] -----> Grab sub array ----->[ B ]

[ A B C D ] _____________________[ B ] * Labview tells me that this is a 2D array?

Heres the Background if you're wondering:

- I have a case where both the true condition and false condition output to the same place (register? - blueish block on the wired to the side of the structure?) Anyways if the case is true the output is a (should be) 1D array that is a subset of another larger 2D array, and if the case is false, the output is a constant 1D array. - Im having issues because the subset is not a 1D array and thus the outputs of the true and false conditions arn't the same type!

Thanks in advance,

- Waren.