Easiest way to invoke Executable from Labview

Bear with me guys

I am rusty in this area

I need to know (re-learn) easiest way to invoke a small executable (written in Visual C++) from LabVIEW.

I do not need to send it any parameters and the module will create a results file for me to display later.

How would I wire the system exec.vi again?

Thanks in advance :)

QUOTE (TG @ Jun 5 2009, 07:01 AM)

Bear with me guys

I am rusty in this area

I need to know (re-learn) easiest way to invoke a small executable (written in Visual C++) from LabVIEW.

I do not need to send it any parameters and the module will create a results file for me to display later.

How would I wire the system exec.vi again?

Thanks in advance :)

Pretty simple actually. You just need to run the vi with the specfied path to the exe file.

please look at the example below i made for Tortoise SVN to do an automate Check out

QUOTE (Minh Pham @ Jun 5 2009, 06:41 AM)

Pretty simple actually. You just need to run the vi with the specfied path to the exe file.

please look at the example below i made for Tortoise SVN to do an automate Check out

Thanks Minh,

Yeah it seems to work now except now it seems to randomly returns error 2 (with a meaningless GPIB explanation) and "LabVIEW memory full."

Could I assume this is because the exe file has a possible memory leak?

I am reluctant to ask the guy who made this executable because I sincerly doubt he would make one with a memory leak

and afraid to askl without proof.

I wonder if anyone else encounter anything like that using this exe launcher in LabVIEW?

QUOTE (TG @ Jun 9 2009, 10:52 AM)

Yeah it seems to work now except now it seems to randomly returns error 2 (with a meaningless GPIB explanation) and "LabVIEW memory full."

Could I assume this is because the exe file has a possible memory leak?

I am reluctant to ask the guy who made this executable because I sincerly doubt he would make one with a memory leak

and afraid to askl without proof.

I wonder if anyone else encounter anything like that using this exe launcher in LabVIEW?

Is '2' the error code from the invocation (System Exec VI), or the return code from the executable? Labview error messages can't be applied to the latter.