Better Polymorphic VI editor

Based on LabVIEW scripting I have started a 'Polymorphic VI Editor', the changes from the NI one will be:

• A tree interface to the selector menu to easier build a good menu structure
  • Drag and drop support inside the selector menu tree
  • Drag and drop of an external VI onto an 'Add' button
  • Creation of new polymorphic VIs
  • Opening up of existing polymorphic VIs

Is anyone interested in helping out? PM me.

The source code will be hosted on the LAVAG Code repository at Google Code and the product will be released onto the LAVA CR.

Ton

QUOTE (Ton @ Jun 5 2009, 09:16 AM)

You mean like a project integration tool?

Or could we build a better project explorer?

Hmm, maybe my wish is a little beyond the scope of what you're trying to do. For me the biggist issue with the existing editor is how you need to step out of the project explorer to do anything with poly VIs. I'd like to be able to right click on a class, or other node like a folder or vilib in the project explorer and select New > Polymorphic VI... Even better would be to show the polyVI as a tree directly within the project explorer, with all the instance VIs as children of the main polyVI.

Of course I'm not suggesting creating a new explorer. I've never looked into how the existing one is implemented and if customizing it like this is possible, even with the new scripting capabilities. I guess for me the main issue with the existing polyVI editor isn't the editor itself, but rather there's no easy way to manage polyVIs at the project level.