Reading from a 3458a Voltmeter

I am creating a program that will take values from a voltmeter and integrate them over a given time period, dt. I used the From DDT function to convert from the signal (which i just made up for testing purposes) to a single waveform. I then used the Get Waveform Components function to transform it into a 2D array with dt = 0.001 s. Is this correct? My data seems off.

Thanks for the help! Most of this is still way over my head..

• Like 1

I think that your issue is your Convert Dynamic Data to Waveform data. On the Top of that conversion, there is an input that is labeled Channel. By default, it is set to channel 0, which in your case is the relay signal, which is 0 or null most of the time (unless you set the switch to True). If you change that input to 1, it will then integrate your simulated sine signal.

I think that that is the signal you were trying to integrate, but let me know if I am wrong.

And as Paul noted, make sure to initialize your shift register if you want each run to have its "own" data and not include past runs.

QUOTE (dblk22vball @ Jun 9 2009, 08:45 AM)

I think that your issue is your Convert Dynamic Data to Waveform data. On the Top of that conversion, there is an input that is labeled Channel. By default, it is set to channel 0, which in your case is the relay signal, which is 0 or null most of the time (unless you set the switch to True). If you change that input to 1, it will then integrate your simulated sine signal.

I think that that is the signal you were trying to integrate, but let me know if I am wrong.

And as Paul noted, make sure to initialize your shift register if you want each run to have its "own" data and not include past runs.

thanks! that was really helpful : )