Custom 'Bayer' Color Pattern

Hi all,

I have a camera from JAI that does not have LabVIEW drivers for it. I created one using the generator.

Unfortunately the 'Bayer' pattern of this camera does not match any offered in LabVIEW vision modules. It has more green than the Bayer ratio of 1:2:1. The Bayer patterns in LabVIEW are picked from an enumeriation in a DLL, so its pretty hard coded on that front :(

My strategy is to divide the unBayered image into pixels that should be red, blue, and green. Then I will turn this pixel groups into red pixels, green pixels, and blue pixels, then reassemble them and do interpolation. Is this the best way?

More and more sensor manufacturers are using ratios other than the old style 1:2:1, it is sort of surprising there is not support for this in LabVIEW currently.

QUOTE (Neville D @ Jun 9 2009, 03:30 PM)

Contact NI support and see if you can get a workaround from the Vision R&D guys. If its relatively easy they can fix it pretty quick. Is it a FireWire camera?

N.

Hi all,

It is a CameraLink camera. I just took raw intensity of the pixels and wrote my own linear interpolation piece for each RGB channel. I think this is ok for our use but there are better interpolation schemes that I wish LabVIEW could support in a block or what not. With linear you get some color bleed around sudden edges for the blue and reds, its especially noticeable when going from dark gray to white.

Thanks.