Live webcast of LAVA meetings

We are looking into doing Live webcasting of our LAVA meetings in the three locations presently active, California and Ontario. Is there interest in this? This would require a high speed connection and possible some other hardware requirements. This would allow people to "virtualy" attend from far way. There would also be the possibility of chat during the meeting.

Would you be interested in this?

Michael Aivaliotis

• 5 months later...
We are looking into doing Live webcasting of our LAVA meetings in the three locations presently active, California and Ontario. Is there interest in this? This would require a high speed connection and possible some other hardware requirements. This would allow people to "virtualy" attend from far way. There would also be the possibility of chat during the meeting.

Would you be interested in this?

Michael Aivaliotis

Hi

I think this is an excelent idea if this could be done as good as the NI WebEvents.

RobertZ. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi

I think this is an excelent idea if this could be done as good as the NI WebEvents.

RobertZ. :)

155[/snapback]

It would be nice if you can get the use of NI's webcast facilities. I have found them very easy to use and very reliable. It's a pity I just missed out on the MySQL presentation :(

Maybe you will have a re-run.

Well, if we were to go live and pay for the service ourselves it would be very expensive. Nothing we could afford. It also doesn't look like anyone is offering to donate this either.

I've been experimenting with a free (free as in open source) web streaming utility that may allow us to do this at no cost. It is a technology called NSV. For more information see here:

Introduction to NSV

The only problem is that it's one way. You will be able to view but not ask any questions via voice call. We can work-around this however by having a live chatroom open that can capture questions from remote users. I am planning an experimental webcast to test this system out in the near future. More information will be available in these forums when I'm ready for the test.

• 3 years later...