6259 Analog Output issues with sampleclock

klessm1

I am running into some problems outputing an analog output sine wave with my DAQ using the onboard sampleclock. At one point I was able to get the vi running quite well and repeatable. When revisited however, I started seeing error that the driver could not provide the device with the points fast enough. I was running the sampling rate at 250k for a 1k tone, but I seem to only be able to get about 20k sampling rate. This creates a fairly choppy signal expecially when the frequency is bumped up to 8k. I am only producing 1 second of data.

See attached bmp. The I/O references passed in are channels not tasks. Could this be the problem? I'm a little frustrated as this should be a very simple vi to create and I am having all kinds of trouble with it.frusty.gif

post-2966-124669148328_thumb.jpg

I am running into some problems outputing an analog output sine wave with my DAQ using the onboard sampleclock. At one point I was able to get the vi running quite well and repeatable. When revisited however, I started seeing error that the driver could not provide the device with the points fast enough. I was running the sampling rate at 250k for a 1k tone, but I seem to only be able to get about 20k sampling rate. This creates a fairly choppy signal expecially when the frequency is bumped up to 8k. I am only producing 1 second of data.

See attached bmp. The I/O references passed in are channels not tasks. Could this be the problem? I'm a little frustrated as this should be a very simple vi to create and I am having all kinds of trouble with it.frusty.gif

post-2966-124669148328_thumb.jpg

Well if you have a look at the provided examples they all start with creating a task, this is a very good habit.

So yes I would try such a thing.

Ton

Well if you have a look at the provided examples they all start with creating a task, this is a very good habit.

So yes I would try such a thing.

Ton

Most of the analog output examples I have seen create a channel not a task. Usually the task is created after calling the timing or other DAQmx function.

I am looking at the example "Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk-Non Regeneration.vi" and it has the same issue as what I am seeing. If you have too fast of a sample clock rate (over the 20k) then it gives the same error depending on the speed of the PC. I have been looking into using DMA instead of interrupts and it seems to work a little better.

I have attached the error screen...I forgot it in my original post.

Thanks

post-2966-124686556689_thumb.jpg