Desired feature: "Mark as read" option on "View New Content" page

Ok. I have figured out how the "View New Content" page works... and I like it. It is very good. But I would like a way to wipe it.

When I visit a particular forum, I can click the "Mark as read" link that will flag every topic in that forum as read by me. That removes those topics from my View New Content page. What I would like is to have that same link on the View New Content page so that I can look at a list of topics, respond to the ones I'm interested in, and then mark the others as read so they stop showing up in my View New Content list.

This isn't a bug, but it is a feature I'd like to see added.

When I visit a particular forum, I can click the "Mark as read" link that will flag every topic in that forum as read by me. That removes those topics from my View New Content page. What I would like is to have that same link on the View New Content page so that I can look at a list of topics, respond to the ones I'm interested in, and then mark the others as read so they stop showing up in my View New Content list.

At the bottom of every page, there's a "Mark Board as Read" link that will wipe the "View New Content" content. Is this what you're looking for?

post-4078-124698067825_thumb.jpg