I just had to do it 100 today :-) now in fact !

dannyt

Good stuff dannyt thumbup1.gif That's one of the reasons that we've brought the reputation system online - so the post count becomes less important, and I think your posts are pretty high SNR, so I expect your online reuptation to become even more important - well done!

Good stuff dannyt thumbup1.gif That's one of the reasons that we've brought the reputation system online - so the post count becomes less important, and I think your posts are pretty high SNR, so I expect your online reuptation to become even more important - well done!

cheers for that Crelf, ah 101 now :rolleyes:

! The goal should NOT be increasing your total post count, it should be increasing your reputation points !

If I were ironic, I would say the goal is to increase the number of friends you have so that they feel good about increasing your reputation. One doesn't want to be friends with lame people without a good reputation, does he/she? :shifty:

! The goal should NOT be increasing your total post count, it should be increasing your reputation points !

Don't get me wrong, I try to make the majority of my posts helpful (not like this one). I think the voting posts up and increasing rep thing hasn't caught on in LAVA yet though as it's pretty new. Until it does catch on, a post count at least shows you're not hiding in the shadows and you participate in the LAVA community. I still find it a bit intimidating to post a reply in the same thread as someone who has over 4000 posts, especially if they reply and increase their font size and encapsulate in exclamation points, hypothetically speaking of course. Maybe some of the mystery will fade at the LAVA BBQ though...

• Like 2
I still find it a bit intimidating to post a reply in the same thread as someone who has over 4000 posts, especially if they reply and increase their font size and encapsulate in exclamation points, hypothetically speaking of course. Maybe some of the mystery will fade at the LAVA BBQ though...

You needn't be intimated by lil' ol' me - I've only got a high post count because I generally ignore the SNR principle :)

Trust me, once you take a look at Crelf the mystery will fade immediately. laugh.gif

hey Hey HEY! I'm trying to keep a reputation goin' here Mike ;) Seriously though, I'm really really looking forward to getting some good BBQ with all of you at NI-Week - it's the highlight of my week.

Speaking of which, the Salt Lick was on the Food Network a couple weeks ago. It made me think of you all.

Now there's somewhere I haven't been in a few years. Best damn beef brisket I've ever had. And I think I recall the beans being pretty special too. I also seem to remeber photos floating around of LAVA members dunking other LAVA members in big pails of ice water a few years ago at the LAVA/OpenG BBQ at the Salt Lick...

My momma always told me it wasn't good to have a reputation...

I actually thought of three come backs to that, but none of them were appropriate for this forum :(

I'm impressed danny! I didn't think there was anyone who could accumulate posts slower than me.

I actually thought of three come backs to that, but none of them were appropriate for this forum sad.gif

From the Lounge forum description: "Nothing is off-topic..." I believe that is tacitly acknowledging that nothing is inappropriate for this forum. (Provided, of course, that it is all in good fun.)

--Always on the lookout for good comebacks--