Custom Drop Down Toolbar Control

Hi,

I was trying to create a custom drop down menu control as in LabVIEW tool bar using Ring Control and Menu Ring Control. I'm not able to fix either the 'text over the control' or 'drop down position'.

With custom ring control, the down down position is always over the control and with custom menu control, the selected text is over the control.

Is there any simple way other than using XControl?

Soundar.

post-3935-12472310122_thumb.png

Hi,

I was trying to create a custom drop down menu control as in LabVIEW tool bar using Ring Control and Menu Ring Control. I'm not able to fix either the 'text over the control' or 'drop down position'.

With custom ring control, the down down position is always over the control and with custom menu control, the selected text is over the control.

Is there any simple way other than using XControl?

Soundar.

I am guessing a Custom boolean control (that looks like a menu ring) and then it pops up a cluster with a bunch of picture rings and a text field, all in an xcontrol.

maybe one of the LV gods has a better idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks unicorn.

Placing a custom Sub VI or a customized List Box or a custom cluster control requires additional coding and needs to be handled if the control required at multiple places. I have modified the Menu Ring to certain level. But I was not able to achieve the full functionality as available in LV tool bar.

Soundar.