show a Block Diagram

How can I make a Block Diagram the active window? I'm writing a program that searches a VI for free labels (that indicate test coverage) and I need to get the BD to the front so the Object Highlite is visible. It's working, but I need to manually open the BD and move my interface out of the way.

Hmmmm. I wonder if we need to have the NI Unit Test framework work more tightly with NI Requirements Gateway...

We're in the middle of planning our 2010 capital budget and I suggested that we purchase Requirements Gateway licenses, but the idea was shot down without mercy. The IT department shot down another idea to use SVN, but at least they had a reason (we use Telelogic Synergy).

PS - Unit Test? What's a Unit Test? We don't need no stinkin' Unit Tests! (I misread Mr. Mussa's poll as "NO Unit Test Framework" and voted for that. I've since fixed my answer.) That feels like another purchase request that would be shot down. At least there's an alternative.

This also works, with the added benefit of opening the VI. My problem was in trying to find a method of the BD instead of the VI. I included the Code Capture of the Traverse For References VI to show how I get an array of all my free labels (thanks Darren).

post-7534-124758541964_thumb.png

This also works, with the added benefit of opening the VI. My problem was in trying to find a method of the BD instead of the VI. I included the Code Capture of the Traverse For References VI to show how I get an array of all my free labels (thanks Darren).

post-7534-124758541964_thumb.png

hmm I didn't know about that method.. Does anyone know what is this parameter "host window"? There is no documentation in LabVIEW about it and apparently the only acceptable value is "0" ; if I put more than zero then I can't open the BD anymore, I have to close the VI and re-open it to be able to see the BD..

hmm I didn't know about that method.. Does anyone know what is this parameter "host window"? There is no documentation in LabVIEW about it and apparently the only acceptable value is "0" ; if I put more than zero then I can't open the BD anymore, I have to close the VI and re-open it to be able to see the BD..

That must be the hWnd in other languages. By specifying "0", it's effectively the same as "null" is text languages, thus creating a new one.

Under Windows, it's "h" for handle... I guess it is called "host" to be more cross-platform.

• Like 1

PS - Unit Test? What's a Unit Test? We don't need no stinkin' Unit Tests! (I misread Mr. Mussa's poll as "NO Unit Test Framework" and voted for that. I've since fixed my answer.) That feels like another purchase request that would be shot down. At least there's an alternative.

Maybe I should have had 2 options -- 'None' and 'What's a unit test?' ... polling is a tricky thing to do right I guess.