Why Auto Grow should be enabled

I despise the practice of coloring structures. You guys are hitting all my pet peeves, sheesh. unsure.gif

You don't like that when you wire an error cluster into a case selector you get red on the error case and green on the no error case? I love that!

I started my LabVIEW life hating Auto Grow; I don't know why or when, but I started using it again a while ago. Anyway, now I only hate it when I'm pasting or typing into a string control near the edge of a structure. I think the only thing I like it for is when I'm trying to clean up my BD - it keeps me honest when resizing.

Can you elaborate?

Do I really need to (see below)? :shifty:

I actually don't mind it too much in regular VI, but I do not like it at all in state machine.

Anyway, now I only hate it when I'm pasting or typing into a string control near the edge of a structure.

How about create constant?

Or create anything near the edge of the structure. Or when you change a typedef and all your typedef constants reset to 'align vertical' and your structure grows to fit?

PJM