RSS Threads

Yes, yes - we know there's a problem - posting about it multiple times doesn't speed up the process of it getting fixed.

Really? that's how it normally goes in our office, if I let enough peoply know I have an issue, the issue will become important.

Besides that I miss(ed) a 'Yes, we are aware' post (like your last one actually is.

Ton

Really? that's how it normally goes in our office, if I let enough peoply know I have an issue, the issue will become important.

Yup. I've been reading this thread with interest from my RSS reader.

Up until just now.

I, well, used to get threads from: http://lavag.org/ind...ype=forums&id=1

All ****ing Alfa String now.

Edited by Dirk J.

I, well, used to get threads from: http://lavag.org/ind...ype=forums&id=1

All ****ing Alfa String now.

Yep, my RSS was cleaned out and then *bang* 200 postings, all Alpha String. My RSS will only grab the first 200 from that post so I don't know who to shoot for actually posting to the Alfa String.:angry:

I think I'm with Ton, complain until it is fixed. That's how it goes around my work too. I don't know how many months I annoyed my boss before finally getting a response about NI Week.

I think I'm with Ton, complain until it is fixed. That's how it goes around my work too. I don't know how many months I annoyed my boss before finally getting a response about NI Week.

The key word there is "annoyed": your bosses are paid to put up with you annoying them - the admins and moderators here at LAVA are not. The old adage of "the squeaky wheel gets the most grease" does not apply here - in fact, it may be the opposite.

• Like 1

I am also suffering from the duplicate issue. For instance the last 4 entries on the "Replying to RSS Threads" thread + one post on the "Re-entrant VI with Front Panel" thread and I end up with 40 extra duplicate entries in Thunderbird.

I am getting several hundred (sometime even over a 1000) duplicate entries daily since the switch to LAVA 2.0.

PJM

The key word there is "annoyed": your bosses are paid to put up with you annoying them - the admins and moderators here at LAVA are not. The old adage of "the squeaky wheel gets the most grease" does not apply here - in fact, it may be the opposite.

:thumbup1::lol:

That is a very good point. I will endure until the kind, wonderful admins of this great forum find the problem.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm seeing this too (with Outlook 2007) and I'm curious - is there anyone who has this problem but isn't deleting each post after having read it?

I always deleted them in the LAVA 1.0 feed and never had any problems, but I think it's been established already that this is an IP.Board issue.

Also, I think the thread I've noticed doing this most often is the Mat-file IO thread.

I'm seeing this too (with Outlook 2007) and I'm curious - is there anyone who has this problem but isn't deleting each post after having read it?

I always deleted them in the LAVA 1.0 feed and never had any problems, but I think it's been established already that this is an IP.Board issue.

Also, I think the thread I've noticed doing this most often is the Mat-file IO thread.

I use Outlook 2007 (duh) and don't delete posts. I just read the ones that interest me that are new (going from the last one I read) and when I'm done mark all as read if there are any. I tend to get doubles, and old posts but I haven't noticed missing any new ones, so as long as I mark them all as read when I read them all there isn't a problem.