support for mouse wheel

Polling...bummer. I really wish they would give us a mouse scroll event!

I'm doing this as part of the work associated with this post. I wonder if I can detect that a Case Structure has been selected by some method other than polling. I'd still have to poll to handle scrolling through the long lists.

This sounds like a topic for another post on the VI Scripting forum... I'll try to figure it out myself first.

I wonder if I can detect that a Case Structure has been selected by some method other than polling. I'd still have to poll to handle scrolling through the long lists.

Would the Mouse Up event be a good time to check if a Case Structure has been selected instead of constant polling? I can think of no ways to select a case structure other than with a left-click or a "mouse down-drag-mouse up" combination. (unless selected programmatically of course).

• Like 1

Would the Mouse Up event be a good time to check if a Case Structure has been selected instead of constant polling? I can think of no ways to select a case structure other than with a left-click or a "mouse down-drag-mouse up" combination. (unless selected programmatically of course).

Doh! Duh... Thanks.

Doh! Duh... Thanks.

I think I slapped my head too soon. I'm trying to detect that a Case Structure was selected in another VI so I need to detect an event at the Application level, no?

I think I slapped my head too soon. I'm trying to detect that a Case Structure was selected in another VI so I need to detect an event at the Application level, no?

You're totally right. Would there be a way to create a dynamic event to monitor for Mouse Up everytime a new VI is activated (App.VI Activation)? Unfortunately, I don't have time to hazard myself this way...