Multicolumn Enum

Cat

I am looking for a control that is, in essence, a multicolumn enum. So all that would be showing would be 1 row of the control, but when clicked on it would "drop down" a whole table to select a row from.

I did this a long time ago with an enum and used " | " to delineate columns, but the formatting on that looked extremely clunky. I was hoping the latest and greatest (released) LabVIEW might have something better. Is it there by any chance and I'm missing it? If not, any thoughts on how else to create such a thing?

Cat

I am looking for a control that is, in essence, a multicolumn enum. So all that would be showing would be 1 row of the control, but when clicked on it would "drop down" a whole table to select a row from.

I did this a long time ago with an enum and used " | " to delineate columns, but the formatting on that looked extremely clunky. I was hoping the latest and greatest (released) LabVIEW might have something better. Is it there by any chance and I'm missing it? If not, any thoughts on how else to create such a thing?

Cat

There's one tool I was really impressed with: Type Sensitive Popup. It does pretty much what you want it to do. Modify it to be on one line and you get what you're looking for.

There's one tool I was really impressed with: Type Sensitive Popup. It does pretty much what you want it to do. Modify it to be on one line and you get what you're looking for.

Wow. That's really powerful. I've got a few other applications it might be good for. Thanks for the link!

I whipped up something that could form the beginnings of an XControl. It does basically what you describe.

That's great! I put in the vertical scrollbar so that my 272 line list didn't disappear off the bottom of the FP, and then had to change the Mouse Up case to Double-Click (since clicking on the scrollbar registered as an event). Other than that, it's perfect. Thanks!