Programmatically create axes for X-Y Graph?

I'm wondering if it's possible to programmatically create a new axis in an XY graph. I know there are built-in tools to handle axis manipulation, but I can't find a way to generate a new axis at runtime, either through a right-click menu or a property node.

I do know about the Active Y Scale property, but for that to work the axis must already be present. I tried setting the Active Plot to "2" on a brand new plot, but it gave me an error. When I added more axes to the graph in edit mode, it would let me select "2" when I ran it- but it wouldn't -generate- the axis for me.

Please tell me there's a way to do this... I've been pulling my hair out over here!

I'm wondering if it's possible to programmatically create a new axis in an XY graph. I know there are built-in tools to handle axis manipulation, but I can't find a way to generate a new axis at runtime, either through a right-click menu or a property node.

I do know about the Active Y Scale property, but for that to work the axis must already be present. I tried setting the Active Plot to "2" on a brand new plot, but it gave me an error. When I added more axes to the graph in edit mode, it would let me select "2" when I ran it- but it wouldn't -generate- the axis for me.

Please tell me there's a way to do this... I've been pulling my hair out over here!

I'm sorry, you can't create a new scale at runtime. The only work around is to create scales at edit time and then use the property "visible" to show hide each scale. I know it's less fun... but that's how it is.

The "active Y/X Scale" property lets you select the scale you want to operate on. If you have 3 X scales, set "Active X Scale" from 0 to 2 to operate on these.

post-7452-124867527331_thumb.png

Hope this helps

Well I'd thought about using several axes made before compiling and using the visible property, as Antoine suggested, but you're right- it's a whole lot less sexy haha. Well thanks for the help guys- at least I got a good solid answer without going through any more work!

'Preciate the help guys.