Windows 7

My PC at home is running 8.5 on Vista, SP2. Will I break LV if I move up to Windows 7?

Thanks in advance. thumbup1.gif

LV 8.5 does not officially support Windows 7, but chances are it will work. You might have some issues with drivers. Are you planning to upgrade Vista to 7 or format your hard drive and then install 7? I would recommend the latter. Then re-install LabVIEW.

The compatibility list can be found here. You might want to watch this to see if the new LabVIEW 2009 will support Windows 7.

There is a note that says:

Starting with 6.0.2, LabVIEW should run on newer, unlisted versions of Windows without error messages, but these are not officially supported

Thanks Toby. I was just curious. I was trying to avoid a clean reinstall. But it seems like a good time to do so and get Windows 7. Maybe now's the time to buy a couple more disk drives and try my first RAID system. ph34r.gif So much work reinstalling everything, though. sad.gif

Maybe now's the time to buy a couple more disk drives and try my first RAID system. ph34r.gif So much work reinstalling everything, though. sad.gif

True, but I always find it to be worth the effort. Things just seem to run better after a clean install. RAID would be cool - SSD RAID would be even more cool if you want to fork out the cash.

ohmy.gif

? Cash indeed! How many disk drives?! 24? I'm a lowly Test Engineer. Not Bill Gates. But SSD is REALLY COOL. "OMG! It's full of drives!" laugh.gif

WOW! That's impressive! I was thinking maybe 2 or 3 - but 24 could be fun. I'm sure my wife won't mind if I take out a second mortgage on the house...

Uh, it Windows. What do you think?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I have nothing constructive to offer.

George

Thanks anyway. I do have an iMac. I bought it from my daughter when she bought a new MacBook Pro. It sure looks pretty in my living room ... doing absolutely nothing. cool.gif