Prgrammatically Highlight Button

Hello Lava's,

I am still quiet new to LabVIEW.

I am working on my final project for graduation. My task is to develop a machine control automation, which allows the user to set up the machine with the wanted parameters and then let the machine automatically run through the whole process. The machine itself is fairly simple and the functions are all programmed.

I am slowly getting deeper into LabVIEW. I finished the programming of all functions and am trying to make the user interface more intuitive.

When I search for a control, indicator or property node, it will be highlighted on the FP or BD with a black frame which then disappears.

I would like to have such an effect for some buttons on my FP. For example when the user makes any changes to the settings, they need to confirm the new settings or discard them. Having an event looking for value changed and then highlighting the confirm, discard buttons in the way LabVIEW does it during editing would be nice.

I did not find any property node for that.

Is it possible?

Thank you very much,

Newby, Angelo ;-)

Yes, it is possible. Set the property node "KeyFocus" to "True" and the Control gets a black frame indicating that it has the key focus.

Jens

Thank you Jens,

The black frame I get with key focus is the right direction.

However it is not exactly what I was looking for.

-Angelo

The property is ObjHighlight (or similar). I'm not sure if it is public in your version. It has been around as private at least since 7.1 and made public recently (8.6 ?). So for 8.5 you will need to activate the scripting license (it is available for free on ni.com) and hope it is included with it. Or you get an old LV version where the ini keys worked and import it in your current version.

Felix

The property is ObjHighlight (or similar). I'm not sure if it is public in your version. It has been around as private at least since 7.1 and made public recently (8.6 ?). So for 8.5 you will need to activate the scripting license (it is available for free on ni.com) and hope it is included with it. Or you get an old LV version where the ini keys worked and import it in your current version.

Felix

No scripting license from NI for LabVIEW < 8.6 and I don't expect that to come really. You can get it to work on non Windows versions by copying some files and editing the INI file but on Windows there is no way to get it to work without helping hands from NI to get the right license file and as I already said I'm not seeing that happen anytime soon, and with the next version of LabVIEW being just around the corner the chances for that get even smaller.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Doesn't that work only in Edit Mode?

I'm using it in an ATE to draw attention to a Boolean array when running the hardware in debug mode. I got so frustrated after REPEATEDLY not noticing that the UUT had stopped responding to me as I was happily wiggling input lines... The VI is running from the development environment, but it is running.