Constants on BD got wiped out

I discovered this when my executable wasn't working. I opened the VI and found that somehow some string constants in arrays in a cluster got wiped out (the arrays were emptied). This has happened a couple times now so I'm sure it wasn't a goofy slip on my part. There's no way I could have cleared 5 arrays without knowing it. Has anyone had something like this happen.

I discovered this when my executable wasn't working. I opened the VI and found that somehow some string constants in arrays in a cluster got wiped out (the arrays were emptied). This has happened a couple times now so I'm sure it wasn't a goofy slip on my part. There's no way I could have cleared 5 arrays without knowing it. Has anyone had something like this happen.

It depends... Is your cluster also a type def? - if you edit the type def, you may lose the string array constant data. Even if it is not part of a type def, editing the cluster could result in your string data being lost. You may want to change the way you are initializing the data -- either loading it from a file or manually bundling in the data to prevent changes in your cluster from affecting the string array values.

It depends... Is your cluster also a type def? - if you edit the type def, you may lose the string array constant data. Even if it is not part of a type def, editing the cluster could result in your string data being lost. You may want to change the way you are initializing the data -- either loading it from a file or manually bundling in the data to prevent changes in your cluster from affecting the string array values.

LabVIEW class constants are immune to the data wipe that can occur when you edit a typedef. You might consider that approach (though I'll be the first to admit that the way you go about creating a class constant with your values set into it -- writing a VI that puts the values into an indicator and then converting that indicator to a constant -- is less than easy-to-use).