LabVIEW 2009 Download

Download LabVIEW 2009 (755 MB)

Download LabVIEW 2009 (64-bit, 822 MB)

I just downloaded this and installed it, but apparently I can't activate it until it is "officially" released during NI week. I assumed that a huge announcement and download link on NI.com constituted an official release...boy was I wrong. I guess I'll have to use it in eval mode for the next few days.

I just downloaded this and installed it, but apparently I can't activate it until it is "officially" released during NI week. I assumed that a huge announcement and download link on NI.com constituted an official release...boy was I wrong. I guess I'll have to use it in eval mode for the next few days.

Oh, cmon, stop whining and start wiring!

I have installed it and it say something like "it is corrupt please reinstalled" which I did and it does not work :( This in eval mode.

I'm waiting for the Developer Suite first....we use VLM as well (does anyone know if we need a new license file and when the upgrade DVDs will arrive? We just received new DVDs that still had 8.6.1...waste.)

One question that those of you who have installed it already might know; is it possible to build 32 bit apps in LabVIEW 64bit? We'll probably need to support 32 bit systems for a while, but it would be nice to run the 64 bit version of LV and just have it as an option to build the app as 32bit.

I'm waiting for the Developer Suite first....we use VLM as well (does anyone know if we need a new license file and when the upgrade DVDs will arrive? We just received new DVDs that still had 8.6.1...waste.)

One question that those of you who have installed it already might know; is it possible to build 32 bit apps in LabVIEW 64bit? We'll probably need to support 32 bit systems for a while, but it would be nice to run the 64 bit version of LV and just have it as an option to build the app as 32bit.

No. 64-bit LabVIEW will only build 64-bit apps. 32-bit LabVIEW will only build 32-bit apps.

Hi Gmart

Will this ever change in the future (64bit being able to produce a 32bit build) or is it forced by the nature of the OS.

Cheers

JG

You can consider the 64 vs 32 bit application similar to building an app on Windows that will run on Mac. Essentially we would need to have the ability to cross compile VIs for a different OS (in this case bitness being the difference). I am not aware if there are plans to support building for the different OS's.

• Like 1

You can consider the 64 vs 32 bit application similar to building an app on Windows that will run on Mac. Essentially we would need to have the ability to cross compile VIs for a different OS (in this case bitness being the difference). I am not aware if there are plans to support building for the different OS's.

Thanks!

Thought as much.

I wanted to know, so I can plan ahead for the future :)

Cheers

JG

• 5 years later...