MS Visual SourceSafe Bug

Has anyone gotten LV7 to work successfully with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe? It appears that this version of LV has problems integrating with it. I have sent a support request to NI. I can reproduce this on three different computers. Anyone else out there?

I keep getting an error message that says: "Microsoft Visual Studio is not installed". However it is definitly installed...

Has anyone gotten LV7 to work successfully with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe? It appears that this version of LV has problems integrating with it. I have sent a support request to NI. I can reproduce this on three different computers. Anyone else out there?

I keep getting an error message that says: "Microsoft Visual Studio is not installed". However it is definitly installed...

Michael,

Yes, I am having problems as well. If you really need to get it working, you can edit <LV>/scccfg.ini manually or create it in 6.1 and copy it to 7.0. You still can't "Configure" in 7.0, but all of the check-in, check-out features will work.

-Jim

It appears to be a known issue. I just got this from Info-Labview:

It appears to be a known issue, and it's documented in the support  

section of the web site. The url is:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde43...bf?OpenDocument

The same page also provides a fix for the problem. You need to download  

and replace a system VI of LabVIEW 7. I did, and LabVIEW now can  

correctly configure SourceSafe as its SCC provider.

Nicola Chiari

SIDeA S.p.A.