How to improve XControl performance?

GTree

Hi All,

In following project example there are XControl 1 and tester.vi. My target was build flexible display object (XControl 1) because my user interface is varying lot depending current customer configuration. The amount of these XControls are typically 100-200 pieces per display. The problem is that this code structure generates lot CPU load(even it is very simple). This can be seen easily when tester.vi is set to run. Is there any way to decrease CPU load?

I have also asked this question from NI discussion forum but I didn't get proper answer.

The thread is here: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=430097

Xcontrol_performance_test_8_6_v2.zip

Do you really need that many indicators? Can they be grouped somehow so that you could show less indicators at the same time and than switch bewteen pages?

What are they showing? Does the user/customer has to watch them all at the same time? He can't really observe 100 indicators. Perhaps it is sufficient only to pop up the indicators which show a critical state?