(Template Editor)Execute prgram

Hi Boss! 

I have a very big problem, and i can't find ansver to my question.

My problem is: 

I would like to execute an *.exe file, named : Ni vision Template Editor.exe.

It is a part of vision development tool. Have you ever tried this?

When u start the application, u should click first File -> new Template.

This editor is used by another application for example: Vision Builder AI, Vision Developement Tool.

And when u use this Editor from VisionB. A.I, it is needless to select a file to, open, the editor opens it automaticly.

How should I do tis, from LV code?

I think I would use a kind of parameter(image), or kind of property node, But i dont know how to do this.

So. how to run this exe with parameters? I read many topics but I didn't find any useful answers...:(

Could u help me?

Thank you very much!

I've tried to do that to but couldn't fine a way...

when you want to open a certain file with a certain application in Windows, you can try to run a command "application_path" "file_path"

for instance : "C:\Windows\notepad.exe" "C:\text.txt" would work ; but when you launch VBAI, after the splash screen you need to select between configuration and inspection before you can select the file you want to open.

So... yeah... sorry, I have no solution for you. If you find one, please let me know!

I've tried to do that to but couldn't fine a way...

when you want to open a certain file with a certain application in Windows, you can try to run a command "application_path" "file_path"

for instance : "C:\Windows\notepad.exe" "C:\text.txt" would work ; but when you launch VBAI, after the splash screen you need to select between configuration and inspection before you can select the file you want to open.

So... yeah... sorry, I have no solution for you. If you find one, please let me know!

Hi!

I have tried, but sadly doesn't work... when u start that application , before u do anything u have to select File -> new Template... i'm affraid that's why tha command line argument doesn't work.. :(

Thanx your reply... i hope we will find out one day :)

Anyone else?

A few weeks ago I made a feature suggestion on NI website, basically I was asking for an inspection template file type (like we have *.vit in LabVIEW, having a *.vbait in Vision Builder AI), if you (or anyone else) need the same thing I encourage you to make a feature suggestion too.

I speak regularly with NI Vision team and at the moment they don't concider this as an important feature.. Help me make them change their mind!

Hi!

I have tried, but sadly doesn't work... when u start that application , before u do anything u have to select File -> new Template... i'm affraid that's why tha command line argument doesn't work.. :(

Thanx your reply... i hope we will find out one day :)

Anyone else?

This application doesn't support command line arguments, its true. :(

What you can do is following (using the fact, that this executable is LabVIEW application with llb behind):

1. Copy NI VIsion Template Editor.exe to NI VIsion Template Editor.llb

2. Cut header up to signature RSRC in any suitable hex editor (you can use Far Manager, for example). Your file should begin with RSRC...

3. Create New VI and place GPM Training Interface.vi from NI VIsion Template Editor.llb onto your Block Diagram

Now you can connect input image as well as template image, so File->Open will be not necessary any more.

Theoretically you can create small wrapper application, which will receive command line arguments, then open the images and pass images into this SubVI.

Andrey.

PS. Hopefully the NI license agreement is not broken with this action (because small modification of the original executable is required) ;)

• 2 months later...

2. Cut header up to signature RSRC in any suitable hex editor (you can use Far Manager, for example). Your file should begin with RSRC...

Hi Andrey,

Sorry,I don't understand your description by this:Cut header up to signature RSRC in any suitable hex editor

Could you do more detailed description?

Thank you.