[CR] Improved LV 2009 icon editor

You mean the move, delete, create ... layer buttons?

Apologize for the late response, but yes, that is what I meant. The opacity slider too. But now that I've used the icon editor more I realize I want the layers to always be visible, similar to what you demonstrated in your mock up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm trying to install version 1.6 of the icon editor using the VIPM. I get to the point where a LabVIEW front panel and a window titled "Post Install.vi Front Panel" are open. The "Post Install..." window shows "Compiling Hierarchy. Please Wait". The status bar in VIPM shows "connecting to LabVIEW 2009 ..." and the progress bar is showing 100% full.

These windows and messages have been in place for 35 minutes now. What happened? Yesterday, I had installed JKI right-click framework without a problem. My LabVIEW is 2009 Professional version 9.0f2, running on an XP SP3 machine with 512 MB of RAM and 20 GB of free space on the hard drive.

I used Philippe's excellent icon editor on another machine and prefer that it is installed on my tech's computer instead LabVIEW's default version.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm trying to install version 1.6 of the icon editor using the VIPM. I get to the point where a LabVIEW front panel and a window titled "Post Install.vi Front Panel" are open. The "Post Install..." window shows "Compiling Hierarchy. Please Wait". The status bar in VIPM shows "connecting to LabVIEW 2009 ..." and the progress bar is showing 100% full.

These windows and messages have been in place for 35 minutes now. What happened? Yesterday, I had installed JKI right-click framework without a problem. My LabVIEW is 2009 Professional version 9.0f2, running on an XP SP3 machine with 512 MB of RAM and 20 GB of free space on the hard drive.

I used Philippe's excellent icon editor on another machine and prefer that it is installed on my tech's computer instead LabVIEW's default version.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Ron

Sorry,

I missed that post

Did you ever got that fixed?

Note: The "Compiling Hierarchy" is running in the IDE and should eventually finished after sometime. After it does, I think that VIPM should no longer show that "connecting to LV" status.

Thanks

PJM

• 3 months later...

New Version available:

Version 1.7:

• [New Feature] Add a condensed pixel font that allow for longer text to be entered.
  • [bug Fix] Synchronize the "Edit>>Show Terminal" menu with the "Show Terminal" check box.
  • [bug Fix] CAR 186982: "[iE] Wrong Icon is loaded in Icon Editor".

med_gallery_121_14_20961.png

Get it here.

PJM

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

• [New Feature] Add a condensed pixel font that allow for longer text to be entered.

New pixel font. Cool. :thumbup1:That's what I always missed.

As a workaround I saved letters, numbers and common texts (set, get,...) as glyphs.

One issue:

I tried to install the IE for LV2010, but VIPM said the version is not supported

So, I copied IE manually to LV2010 and a first quick test was fine. Any chance the next package will work for LV2010 too?

Uli

New Version available:

Version 1.7:

Hi PJM,

I just noted that text entry in the icon editor (1.7) does not really work if you type to fast. (LabVIEW 2009.1, Windows XP)

This can be seen both in the actual icon when editing text, and also in the filtering of glyphs.

Seems like one or more key events are lost (filtering in the event structure maybe?)

To reproduce; start text editing with the text-tool and then press a-s-d in one fast sequence. The only thing I get in my icon is 'a', both 's' and 'd' are lost.

/J

Hello PJM,

I used to be able to click on the eraser function and then hold the mouse button down while dragging the pointer across areas I needed to erase. Now with v1.7, I have to click on each individual pixel to erase it. Could you return this function back to the click-and-drag method?

Thanks,

Ron

Do you have "Show Terminals" turned on? If so, try turning it off... I remember there being a bug in the NI version a while back related to that. If that solves it, then I guess it means that bug was never fixed in PJM's version.

hello Shaun,

I just checked my icon editor. While the "show terminals" is unchecked, I have the grid pattern for the terminals showing. If I check the box for "show terminals", the grid disappears and I can use the eraser as click-and-drag to remove several pixels at a time. HMMMMMMMMM.... another bug?

Ron

• 1 month later...

I did not noticed all these new post.

"show terminal": you are right there is a situation where it works the reverse that it should.

"fast typing": As far as I can recall this issue was always there (before I even made the customization). If there was a bug fix for it by NI, I missed it.

"not installing in 2010": I could change that easily but since I do not know what was improved / fixed from 2009 to 2010 by NI, installing this version will not benefit from these potential improvement / fixes.

"eraser": I also noticed the need for repeat click. I am not sure if this is something that I did (could be). Was this working in 1.6?

PJM