Not Capturing User Events

Hi,

I'm wondering if using a "Wait" Function within an event prevents the event structure from "seeing" incoming events? I seem to have this issue and am wondering what type of work arounds can be used....

BTW, my application requires the use of various timeouts. I'm running a

sequence of time-based fieldpoint tasks.

Instructions:

Open both VI's. Run "Caller_simplified.vi".

Click on "Start" - This will start a sequence in the "called_Simplified.vi".

Occasionally, switching the "Start" to its False state will stop the Sequence, other times not....

On the side, please feel free to comment / criticize on the structure of the VI. If there is something that I'm doing obviously incorrectly, please let me know...

Thanks,

Regis

Download File:post-15-1073112019.zip

I think I found your problem. You should never split the event registration refnum. If you delete the connection circled in the image below you will see that everything works fine. You are not using any of the dynamic events in that event structure anyway so why do you have it wired?

I think this was mentioned at NIweek this year in the presentation on event structures. Even though the top event structure does not have any event cases to handle the events, it still looks at the events and if it catches it first will discard the event.

post-15-1073112042.gif?width=400